A fitness assessment is a great way to evaluate your current fitness level. It includes a series of measurements that help determine physical fitness and are a way to gauge your current fitness level.
What you should know and how to prepare:
- Wear athletic shorts, t-shirt and athletic shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids over the 24-hour period preceding the test to ensure normal hydration prior to the testing. Avoid heavy meals, tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine for at least 3 hours before testing. You may have a small snack 30 minutes to 1 hour before the test.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous physical activity the day of the test.
- Get an adequate amount of sleep (6-8 hours) the night before the test.
- Takes about 1 hour to test.
A Fitness Assessment measures height, weight, body composition, blood pressure, muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance and flexibility.
- Height and Weight Measurement
- Girth Measurements
- Body Composition
- Cardio Efficiency
- Muscular Strength
- Muscular Endurance